Monday, June 18, 2012

Apple Is Outdated

One of my biggest pet peeves is Apple computer products- don't get me wrong I am writing this post on an IPad while checking my text messages on my IPhone. The products however are not as compelling as the media has made them out to be. An IPhone for example was the best phone on the market for a few years and faced very little competition and the same goes for their tablet devices. Apple was the best product money could buy.

The romance however is slowly fading. I was in. Microsoft store about a week ago and was offered $1000 if I could beat their windows phones in a series of competitions. Needless to say I failed miserably. Microsoft, which has been beaten down by Apple for the last 6 years, finally has made a product that can outcompete Apple.


So, the claim to fame is that Apple was smart, well if something is faster then it really isn't to smart. To give you all an idea of how bad my iPhone was beat ( the 4s with wifi activated) I could not even load into the app, before the Microsoft phone had already performed the task twice! If you want to know more about the phone check it out on Amazon

(link could not be provided to the Lumia 900 because the iPad copy and past feature is having difficulty copy and pasting HTML) I have been on the phone with tech support who says that it is a web page specific issue... It must be on every article website. No way could it be a problem with Apple!

Apple is falling not because the product is bad, but because they are lazy, they had no need to actually build a decent product because they were so far ahead of the game, but now they are like the rabbit who raced the turtle... Losing.

Microsoft is also planning a tablet device which should be out within the year. If these tablets are as responsive and intuitive as their phones - like the IPad was to the Itouch then Apple will really be in trouble.

Then we have the wonderful Kindel Fire, a small tablet that I didn't think much of until I started using it. The Kindel Fire is not not as clunky as the iPad and offers a wonderful sleek user interface. So, Apple is not as amazing as it once was, and once my IPhone contract is up I will be switching to a Microsoft phone and then to and then to a Microsoft tablet or an Amazon tablet device.



The above link was brought to you buy a PC in the GMU computer lab!

+1 Microsoft -2 Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment